John Lackey, the rock of the Cardinals' rotation, will face Jason Hammel and the Cubs on three days' rest in Game 4. It's hard to imagine St. Louis handing the ball to anyone else.
- Cubs' Russell not starting day after hammy injury
- Report: MLB schedules Utley appeal after NLDS
- Mets thrash Dodgers to take 2-1 lead in NLDS
- Teams set one-day playoff record with 21 total HRs
- Fan critically hurt in fight outside Dodger Stadium
- Blue Jays pound Rangers, force deciding Game 5
- Bits: Nats' 2016 plans, managerial candidates